Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fall Maybe?

So we're in the waiting mode right now. Still. As we've been watching what's going on in the world of adoption with Ethiopia, we anticipate being able to head overseas in late fall of this year, or maybe winter.

Of course, there's really no telling how things will go. Many people are choosing Ethiopia for their adoption because it is one of the only foreign countries in which the adoption process is somewhat predictable and reasonable (as well as one of the few that is helping their children find homes). This means longer wait times, but at least more Ethiopian children are being adopted.

So, we wait in Nebraska, hoping not to have to update our USCIS status again. We would love to see the timing of the process pick up, but we're realistic. If someone had told us when we started that our adoption would take 3 years or longer, we never would have believed it. Nowdays, we know there may be more waiting and we'll survive it. We're not the only ones in this boat. Like the rest, we're anxious to see who God will be placing in our family, when He decides to.


Oh yeah, we adopted a puppy on January 1st. That's been nice for our family.