Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fall Maybe?

So we're in the waiting mode right now. Still. As we've been watching what's going on in the world of adoption with Ethiopia, we anticipate being able to head overseas in late fall of this year, or maybe winter.

Of course, there's really no telling how things will go. Many people are choosing Ethiopia for their adoption because it is one of the only foreign countries in which the adoption process is somewhat predictable and reasonable (as well as one of the few that is helping their children find homes). This means longer wait times, but at least more Ethiopian children are being adopted.

So, we wait in Nebraska, hoping not to have to update our USCIS status again. We would love to see the timing of the process pick up, but we're realistic. If someone had told us when we started that our adoption would take 3 years or longer, we never would have believed it. Nowdays, we know there may be more waiting and we'll survive it. We're not the only ones in this boat. Like the rest, we're anxious to see who God will be placing in our family, when He decides to.


Oh yeah, we adopted a puppy on January 1st. That's been nice for our family.


Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
Good to hear the update. It's funny you wrote today because I just went to check your blog page yesterday! I was curious to know what was happening in the adoption world. It's good to see that you are still open for whatever God has for you. Always a surprise. I hope as well that you won't need to redo so much of the process as last time and therefore put up the same amount of cash for paperwork!